How transactions are driving change in telecoms, media and technology.
Register today - limited availability only
TMT M&A Forum 2014
Wednesday, March 19, Andaz Hotel, Liverpool Street, London
8.00 - 9.00 – Networking Breakfast
9.00 - 9.05 – Official Opening
9.05 - 9.20 – Keynote Speech - Are the capital markets willing to fund a bigger M&A wave?
Patrice Cochelin, Analytical Manager - Telecom & Technology – EMEA, Standard & Poor's Ratings Service
9.20 - 10.30 – Telecom Strategy Round Table – Where next for telecom growth?
Leading international telecom leaders and strategy heads discuss the latest strategies and opportunities for profitable growth in consolidating markets.
- How will consolidation and convergence affect strategy?
- What is the best structure for a telecommunications company in 2014?
- What is the impact of regulation and how should it change?
- Where are the opportunities for investment, joint ventures and partnerships?
- Who will lead the next wave of deals and how will they change the market?
Chair - Tom Levine, Global Head of Telecoms, Partner, Allen & Overy
10.30 - 11.05 – Networking Break
11.05 - 11.20 - Keynote Speech - Enda Hardiman, Managing Partner, Hardiman Telecommunications
11.20 - 12.00 – The TMT M&A Panel – How will mergers and acquisitions change the market?
Leading mergers and acquisitions practitioners and advisers discuss the next wave of transactions and explain the best strategies for complex deals.
- Who will lead consolidation in Europe and Globally?
- What impact will regulation have on transactions and strategy?
- How will financing and valuations effect deal flow?
- Where will technology and convergence drive deals?
Chair - Merlin Piscitelli, Director, Merrill DataSite
Roland Haidner, Head of M&A, Telekom Austria
Christian Lesueur , MD, Head of EMEA Media & Telecoms, UBS Investment Bank
Jack Dessay, MD, Head of TMT EMEA, Macquarie Capital
Macario Prieto, Head of Telecoms EMEA, Goldman Sachs
12.00 - 12.15 – Keynote Speech - Caught between a Rock and a Hard Place. Findings from an Executive Survey on Cost and Profitability Imperatives
Eric Benedict, Managing Director, AlixPartners
12.15 - 13.00 – Future of TMT – Who will lead the next wave of growth?
Leadership from key corporates across the TMT sector discuss how the ecosystem is transforming.
- What are the latest developments in technology that will drive acquisitions in 2014?
- New digital opportunities for industry leaders
- Innovation and building a successful business
- New opportunities in M2M, MVNOs, Cloud and Mobile Money
- How best to maintain investment into infrastructure?
- Who will control the customer interface?
Chair - Enda Hardiman, Managing Partner, Hardiman Telecommunications
13.00 - 14.00 – Networking Lunch
14.00 - 14.40 – Peer to Peer Round Tables - Session 1
Each round table will be led by an industry expert. Chatham House Rules Apply. Positions are limited and allocated on a first approach basis.
14.40 - 14.50 – Feedback on Key Findings
14.50 – 15.30 – Peer to Peer Round Tables - Session 2
15.30 - 15.45 – Round Table Feedback and Conclusions
15.45 - 16.15 – Networking Break
16.15 - 16.30 – Keynote - Chris Buist, Director, Coleago Consulting
16.30 - 17.15 – Regulation and Spectrum Panel – How will regulation and access to spectrum effect the market?
Telecom executives, policy makers, regulators and advisers assess new licence auctions, spectrum valuations and trading, network sharing and regulation
- How will regulation impact consolidation and growth?
- Valuing licences and spectrum - Where are the next auctions and how will they be structured?
- How should bundles be packaged
- 4G/LTE and 5G and protecting against new technology shifts
- Infrastructure Sharing Models
Chair - Scott McKenzie, Director, Coleago Consulting
Nick Blades, Chief Regulatory Officer, Telefonica Europe
Mark Falcon, Head of Economic Regulation, Hutchison 3
Inge Hansen, Head of Spectrum, EE
Bengt G Mölleryd, Senior Analyst, Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS)
17.15 - 18.00 – Mobile Infrastructure Panel – Investing in and operating networks for maximum ROI
Mobile tower operators, investors and infrastructure specialists assess the latest sale and acquisition strategies and opportunities.
- Mobile towers developments in Europe, Africa and the Middle East
- Assessing business models for sale and leaseback of mobile towers
- Optimising Infrastructure management and financing
- Assessing ROI for ownership of next generation networks and services
Jack Colbourne, Managing Director, Arcus Infrastructure Partners
Aymeric de Cardes, Head of M&A and Corporate Development, TDF
Michel Faivre, Directeur Programme Partage d'Infrastructure AMEA, France Telecom-Orange
Nathan Foster, CEO, Atlas Towers
Randolf Nijsse, Partner, RBCIF (Rabo Bouwfonds Communication Infrastructure Fund)
Alex Mestre, Business Development Director, Abertis Telecom
18.00 – 20.00 Networking Drinks